2017 Summer Opportunities
Summer is a busy time of year for many of us, but we want to give you an opportunity to see what some of our Member Study Centers and Partner Organizations are offering this summer. You will find below a list of several summer programs and their respective descriptions. Click on the “More Info” link to go to their particular websites.
• The Consortium of Christian Study Centers (CCSC) is holding its 2nd Annual program furnishing scholarship money to potential Regent College (RC) summer school students. The scholarships provide for two weeks’ full audit tuition, a food stipend and lodging at RC’s famous summer school in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. This rich experience is particularly designed for graduate and advanced undergraduate students participating in CCSC member Study Centers, though it is not limited to them. More Info
• Mere Christianity Forum: Looking for a meaningful summer experience that incorporates action, reflection, and transformation? Mere Christianity Forum offers a 9 week internship program called Servant Scholars, where students and young graduates live in intentional Christian community, serve in non-profit agencies, and reflect weekly with local clergy, non-profit directors, and Furman faculty members. We have internship placements all across the spectrum based on student interests: anything from medical, to food justice, to homelessness, to literacy, to working with children. The program is totally free for students, and they get free housing and a $1000 meal stipend. More Info
• The Values & Capitalism Summer Honors Program is a series of four fully-funded, intensive, one-week seminars in Washington, DC for Christian college students. The program gives students an unparalleled chance to immerse themselves in a particular area of study with leading scholars and policy practitioners, in selective cohorts of 20-25 students. The honors program will also offer opportunities for students to grow personally and professionally through career coaching and vocational guidance, site visits, and networking events. More Info
• The Davenant House Protestant Wisdom Summer Programs are designed to help train Christian undergraduates, grad students, and seminarians in Christian wisdom so that they can be equipped to lead as servant heroes within the church and their local communities. This summer’s programs, both a 10-day Intensive version and a Five-Week version, will be led by Dr. Alastair Roberts, a popular writer and host of the Mere Fidelity podcast. More Info
• Salzburg Institute Summer Program. How has Christianity changed Western Culture? How has Christianity shaped music and visual arts? And how has Western culture changed Christianity? The Salzburg Institute Summer Program offers a forum for undergraduates to discuss these and many other questions with international professors and artists. Studying in Salzburg offers a student a vibrant academic experience in a city with incredible cultural, intellectual, and musical heritage. More Info
• The Baton Exchange. During the first week of June, participants can experience a sampling of the leadership training we offer throughout the year. This camp is designed primarily for Christian college students, recent grads, and young professionals. The camp is held in Columbus, Ohio. Participants will have opportunity to interact with a number of guest leaders on the topics of integrating faith, career, leadership and life purpose. You will also do some volunteer service work in the inner city as well as participate in fun in outdoor activities. More Info
• C.S. Lewis Foundation. Join us this summer for Oxbridge 2017 amid the “dreaming spires” of Oxford and the riverside beauty of Cambridge, as we explore this important theme, “Irrigating Deserts & Cultivating Gardens: Pursuing Calling with Purpose and Hope,” with renowned scholars from the arts and sciences, leaders in ministry and the major professions, and an array of literary, visual, and performing artists. You will enjoy stimulating lectures, challenging workshops, meaningful worship services, and a rich variety of cultural programs, all in the good company of friends and colleagues-old and new. More Info
• Ratio Christi’s Summer Leadership Orientation begins on June 6th and ends on June 10th. The training is for new and existing full-time Ratio Christi campus leaders. It is also open to all existing campus leaders as well. Come for training. Stay for fun. Come early or stay late and enjoy the beautiful area of Lynchburg, VA. More Info
• InterVarsity Graduate and Faculty Ministry is hosting four regional conferences this summer providing opportunities to explore the unique calling of following Christ in academia and other spheres of influence. The conferences are open to faculty from the breadth of university and college contexts. Family and singles have found these events to be engaging and places of rest and refreshment. You are welcome to attend any of the conferences. Explore this link for information on a specific conference(s) you’re interested in.